Hi There! Happy Monday!
Today I want to give you a few pointers on how to tackle your tideous tasks on your to-do list!
I want to start off by saying that these tasks that I am speaking of are most likely the ones you keep pushing to your to-do list for the following day! You know what I’m talking about…
Stop doing that! I’m not going to lie I caught myself doing it last week so since then I have been knocking them out one by one.
Here are a few tips for getting these annoying little projects done fast and efficiently! By annoying I mean updating your Mailchimp subscriber pop-ups, all of your podcast url’s and graphics, new graphics and stories for your new Instagram Spotlights, following up with three different support teams for your podcast, researching effective new hashtags etc. Oh wait! Those are mine! LOL
Well now you get the point…
I’m happy to report as of right now all of those projects are complete! Chickety check!!! Feel so good…
TIPS FOR TACKLING YOUR TEDIOUS TO-DO LIST
- Music. You must have some. Whatever you are into just put it on and turn it up nice and loud!
- Highlighting System. Some like this, some don’t. I love it! I use a different highlighter for each project, meeting, clients, doctor appointment etc. I have my own little system set up and you should do the same. However you prefer to cross things off your list. Just make sure it is happening.
- Hold yourself accountable! I sometimes put my to-do list on my Instagram Stories. This way I am able to post everything checked off right there again at the end of the day! Accountability people! It works!
- Schedule your creative and operational projects on different days. Example: It is very hard for my brain to switch from design mode to crunching numbers and analytic mode. Therefore, I try my hardest to schedule everything on opposite days so I don’t have issues throughout the week.
- Make a “celebration” list for the end of the week. I’ve been doing this for a while and it works! It puts a smile on my face and gives me that extra reassurance that I am on track and where I want to be!
- Shit happens! We all know that we cannot have a perfect work day every dam day! So celebrate the small stuff and keep on doing you! Self-Care is number one in my book. And it should be in yours. Trust me on this. You will be a hell of a lot more productive when you have a clear head and vision.
That’s all for tonight! Let me know how you tackle your lists in the comments below. Sharing is Caring.
PS Want to check out the last project I just crossed off the list?
Head to my Instagram @kkinvegas to see all the new Spotlights.
Have you seen the latest episode of The Happy Workaholic Show? Click here to watch.
Until next time…